Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Simple Sauteed Zucchini with Fresh Dill

We got a few more zucchini from the garden before a cold front came through. So now we won't get any more zucchini until next summer, but there was enough to show you a very simple, easy side dish.

I had to show you the last zucchini I harvested. It looks like two tried to grow separately...or together...or something like that. It looks like a strange mutation, but it tasted just fine.

Simple Sauteed Zucchini

1 medium or 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch half rounds
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped

To prep the zucchini, slice it in half lengthwise, and then into 1/4 inch half moons.

In a non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the zucchini and saute for about 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I should tell you we like our vegetables on the crisp side, so I probably only cooked ours for 4 minutes, at the most.

Now add the dill, and give everything a stir. I just just the leafy part of the dill, I have this thing against stems...sorry, only way I can explain it.

Remove from the heat and serve immediately.

I hope you give this a try, the dill gives the zucchini a great flavor. God bless your table tonight!


No comments: