Friday, January 29, 2010

The Cake Mix Doctor's Fresh Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

I know I'm going to disappoint some of you because I'm not posting the actual recipe.  I don't believe in copying a recipe exactly and posting it here...'cause that's cheatin'! 

So, I can tease you with a picture or two right? 

I made this cake Wednesday for Rebecca's birthday.  And yes...it was yummy!

This was an easy cake to make...it's from The Cake Mix Doctor ReturnsAnd if you don't have this book, or Anne Byrn's first book, The Cake Mix Doctor, well...you really should.  Being able to start a cake with a mix and "doctor" it has really saved me countless times!

I will show you how to make strawberry fans to garnish the cake.  These look fancy, but they're easy as pie. 
 
Just take a clean strawberry, and make several thin cuts from bottom to top, but NOT all the way through.  Gently spread the slices out with your fingers, and place on top of the cake.


I didn't do anything to dress up the cake other than garnish it with the strawberry fans and some more fresh strawberries around the base.  Simple, but pretty.  And Rebecca LOVED it. :-)

Okay...one more picture just to torment y'all.

Like most desserts in this house, this didn't last long.  I made this 2 days ago.  And it's gone...all gone.  I am having strawberry cake withdrawl.   

Ah well...this cake tasted like a summer's day in January, so I hope you try to make it sometime. 

God bless your table tonight!

No comments: