Friday, August 6, 2010

Leave of Absence

I guess it's time I explained to everyone why I haven't posted in so long. 

We are having a baby.  Yep, one of those cute, sweet things that keep you up all night long, that smell like heaven and poop at the same time. 

And in case you have lost count, this will be #5 for our family.  It's going to be a tiebreaker!

The hardest part of pregnancy for me is weeks 4-10.  I can barely eat, let alone cook.  Just trying to walk into the panty to make the kids lunch makes me gag.  I know I'm supposed to eat protein to try and ward off morning sickness.

And by the way, WHY do they call it morning sickness?  I am sick morning, noon, and night.  24-7 people.  Ugh...I will spare you any more details. 

Anyway, protein is the worst for me.  I cannot stand the sight, smell, taste of any kind of meat.  I try, but I gag...a lot.  Sigh...so it's been granola bars, jello, fruit, toast, and other vain attempts to keep the nausea at bay.  Oh, and TUMS.  Lots of TUMS.  I'm eating 'em like candy y'all. 

I am finally starting to feel better today.  This is the first day I have been able to eat every meal without feeling sick afterwards, and stay up for just a few minutes.  Usually, I am in bed 30 seconds after the kids. 

So, there you have it.  I had 2 posts in the works...and I was hoping to get them up back in July.  We're on vacation right now, and I will try to post them when we get back in town.  I can't promise, but I really miss being in the kitchen, making meals for my crew, and sharing them with you. 

Hope everyone is surviving the heat wave we all seem to be experiencing right now.  See you back in the kitchen soon, and God bless your table tonight!

5 comments:

Alexis D. said...

Now I understand your Facebook status. Congrats on the pregnancy! Can't wait for the future posts. Happy gestating!

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Oh, so exciting! Congratulations!

Laurie said...

Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!
I started reading your blog shortly after finding out about our first child in January and am proud to say that even when I didn't feel like eating anything, I still enjoyed your posts and photos :)

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Just popped over to say congratulations! I've only had one, but I remember the protein aversion! Oh...I vividly remember a certain breakfast burrito....we won't go there.

Happy baby making! Congrats! :)