Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Asian Glazed Pork Chops

This is perfect for a quick weekday dinner, and you want something fast. These pork chops only need 2 hours to marinade (okay, maybe not so quick!), but they only need about 10-12 minutes of cooking time. I originally used this marinade for pork tenderloin, but I didn't have one on hand...further digging into the deep freezer revealed a bag of pork chops, so I used them instead.

Hoisin sauce is a tasty condiment traditionally used in Chinese cooking or as a dipping sauce. You'll find it on the Asian aisle next to the soy sauce, plum sauce, etc. Sometimes I use it to make a stir-fry...when I'm really sure about a recipe you all will like, I'll post one. But not yet...

Asian Glazed Pork Chops

5-6 pork chops, about 1/2 to 1 inch thick
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/4 cup hoisin sauce

In a small, shallow pan or a large ziploc bag, combine the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, green onions, and hoisin sauce. Add the pork chops and turn to coat. Refridgerate for 2 hours (no more than 4-- or the marinade starts to taste funny).

Preheat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium. Make sure to oil the grates with a wad of paper towels dipped in vegetable oil. Grill the pork chops for about 5-6 minutes...

Flip, and then grill another 5-6 minutes or until done.

Don't overcook them, you want tender meat, not pork bricks. If you want to get all fancy and give the meat a 1/4 turn before you flip it to get those nice grill marks, knock yourself out. I was too busy making sure the baby didn't wander out of the back yard, down the driveway, and out to the street to get squished by a car.

Remove the pork to a nice big serving plate, and sprinkle with a little bit of chopped green onion if you have time, want to impress the visiting in-laws, or just for the heck of it.

I didn't garnish our platter, but I did put some on my own plate (so the kids wouldn't say, "Mommy, don't put any onions on my plate!"

I served Green Beans with Orange-Ginger Butter on the side. I'll post that recipe next, don't worry! My poor hubby came home late after making a big SAM's run, and then got the kids to bed, so he didn't get to eat until nearly 9PM. But he told me afterwards, "That was a very good dinner honey."

That was the nicest thing I'd heard all day. Oh, and getting carded at the grocery store because I bought a bottle of wine. Can you believe it? It made my week!

God Bless your table tonight!

No comments: