Friday, January 30, 2009

Recipes for the Big Game

David and I are not the biggest football fans, but I don't need an excuse to cook up something fun to eat while we watch the Superbowl this weekend :-) However, I don't want to completely sabotage David's efforts to lose weight. I subscribe to just one food magazine Everyday Food because all of the recipes are simple, easy, and inexpensive to make. Plus, every January, they come out with a "light" issue that is great to refer to since we're coming off the holidays, and want to eat healthier for a while.

So...I've compiled a list of ideas for your Superbowl party if you're having one. And even if you're not, you can still make these recipes and not feel guilty about eating any of it. I went to the grocery store last night with plans to make:

And here's some more healthy recipe ideas I pulled from my archives if you need to make more food for a hungry crowd (or a hungry husband, his buddies, the kids, the dog...you know what I mean!)
These are not the healthiest recipes, but they're still great to eat while you're watching the game. If I wasn't cooking for David, I would definitely be making something from this list:
All-righty, you should be all set! Have fun watching the game on Sunday!
God Bless your table tonight!

No comments: