Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dinner for Two


David and I like to go out to dinner, but we usually never do around Valentine's Day...the restaurants are too crowded, and my wonderful hubby loves it when I cook a special meal for him. We don't have a lovely balcony, or a goreous view like the picture above, but that's okay.

So I plan to make him an awesome meal Saturday night...and I'm not cooking anything even remotely healthy. After all, I can't think of any man who would get excited over a plate of vegetables, salad, or tofu.

This is what's on the menu:


Spicy Oven Baked Fries


I thought about making a side of asparagus, but then I said, "Naw!" David's been good since the year started, (and he's lost some weight) but he really misses burgers. And he loves chocolate and peanut butter together. I'm hoping I can cajole him into getting a couple of projects done around the house in the next few weeks, so giving him one of his favorite meals can't hurt, right? I'm telling you girls, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

Here's a pic of the burger and fries. Oh my gracious...that burger was TO DIE FOR! Talk about man food girls...this is what they really want to eat!

The cake was crazy good too...the peanut butter frosting was perfect, not too sweet, and it complemented the cake so well. I will definitely be making it again (thanks Suzie for the recipe!)

I may post the recipe for the oven fries later, but for right now...just cut up a couple of potatoes into wedges, sprinkle with olive oil, spicy seasoned salt, paprika, and black pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so, turning the wedges over halfway through. That's it!

Let me know if you try any of these recipes out! I'll post some pics later.

God bless your table tonight!

1 comment:

Suzie L. said...

Enjoy your dinner and evening on Saturday night! We usually haven't gone out on Valentine's Day, either. I like the privacy and intimacy of home.

This year we're planning to attend ValenDine at our church - it includes Mass and a marriage vow renewal ceremony (my favorite part!). The childcare is very reasonable, too.

If we didn't have that option, we'd be doing your plan. Home is peaceful. Enjoy the dessert!)